Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Party in the USA



In July I went to America for the first time - it was pretty fab.









We flew into Las Vegas to begin with which was insane - and excessively hot (and I mean excessively - A/C was a godsend). Aside from the heat, the first thing I noticed was the food...WHAT. If it wasn't deep fried, full of sugar or both then was it even food? I wasn't quite 21 at the time of our holiday so I feel as though I didn't quite experience Vegas to the max, but it was cool nonetheless. 











We then hired a car and drove to the Grand Canyon for a couple of nights which was genuinely the most impressive hole in the ground that I have ever seen. 10/10 would recommend.

The Grand Canyon



Sunrise at the Grand Canyon





We  drove back to Vegas, briefly stopping on Route 66 where I embarrassed myself in a local shop by knocking over a fridge full of glass coke bottles (mortifying), and then flew out to San Francisco which, after Vegas, felt like the barren wasteland of the Antarctic - it did mean that I had to purchase a really cool 'San Francisco' hoody that just screamed 'tourist' though, so that was a nice addition. San Francisco was also the place that I discovered IHOP, the place of dreams - petition to bring IHOP to the UK?



San Francisco Skyline - as seen from Alcatraz


We visited Alcatraz whilst in San Francisco too which was really interesting - another recommendation from moi.











Dreamy IHOP Pancakes...


















Yosemite was next and wasn't 
something that I was particularly keen for, but it turned out to be my favourite place of the whole trip - it was so beautiful. I will be going back here without a shadow of a doubt!





Mirror Lake


Yosemite Appreciation - this was during an early morning hike in the mountains


Yosemite Falls






This was followed by 3 nights in Monterey, where the food started to get a bit more normal (finally). We went to the aquarium which was horrifically busy but was pretty cool, and then we went whale watching...which made me feel so sea sick that it lasted for about 2 days... (grim), but we saw humpbacks and about an eighth of a blue whale.








We then drove down the Big Sur, stopping at Cambria and Santa Barbara for a night each and then finally arriving in LA where we stayed for 4 nights. This last leg was the most relaxing part of the trip, which was much appreciated after the hectic-ness we had just experienced, and the LA sunshine was the nicest way to end the trip!


Bixby Creek Bridge

Big Sur

Santa Barbara











The Californian Coast Line - as seen from Hearst Castle
























Hollywood


It was honestly such a great holiday - I am v grateful to my parentals for taking me. Hope you enjoyed the photos!



-I







No comments:

Post a Comment